Friday, January 8, 2010

Ice cream cake with brownie layer on bottom: will brownies come out rock solid?

I wanna make an ice cream cake with a layer of brownies on the bottom.





Here's how I plan to do it:


-Bake brownies and let cool completely.


-Put vanilla ice cream layer on top of brownies.


-Saran wrap the whole thing and freeze it.





If I plan to serve the ice cream cake two days later will the brownie layer on bottom come out rock solid?!





If so, is there a certain proper way to do it?Ice cream cake with brownie layer on bottom: will brownies come out rock solid?
Yes it will be a rock.





I normally make ice cream cake with Oreos that have been buzzed in a blender. I think your cake will cut a lot easier if you chop up your brownies before you put the ice cream on top. I do two layers of cookies with a little melted butter and two layers of ice cream then I top it with lines of choc syrup and drag a toothpick through to make it look like a Napolean:





http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co鈥?/a>





I mash up the ice cream before putting it into the pan in a big bowl. You have to freeze it between layers.





I've also made it with vanilla oreo cookies and strawberry ice cream.Ice cream cake with brownie layer on bottom: will brownies come out rock solid?
I would say that the brownies would be frozen,or very cold and kind a hard. I would suggest that you should should make the brownies that day and right before you serve them put the ice cream on top. Plus maybe some people may want regular brownies. You have to be flexible especially with littler kids. Now if you must bake the brownies two days before you should bake the brownies,let them cool, and seran wrap them and stick them in the refigerater till you serve them with out the ice cream of course and right before you serve them heat them up and put the ice cream on them. One more way to do it is that same way but i would say you could stick them in the freezer for up to 30 minutes other wise they will be frozen and terrible. Anyway hope i helped with your answer and i hope your ice cream brownies turn out awesome and be sure to check out my questions and share your answers you might have what im looking for. Hope they turn out good bye
Yes the brownie will be frozen. possibly bake the brownies the day of and let it cool so than you dont have to put it in the freezer. put the ice cream on top right before you serve the cake.
Probably Not. Try it with ice cream sandwiches. I always do that then melt hot fudge and drizzle it over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment