Sunday, December 27, 2009

Does anyone have a good Hungarian Layer Cake recipe?

My mom has requested that I make Hungarian Layer Cake for her. I can't seem to find her recipe though. Does anyone have a good recipe for it that they are willing to share?Does anyone have a good Hungarian Layer Cake recipe?
I am a former chef from Canada and live in Toronto ON, I go to a Hungarian restaurant and have the Dobos torte previously mentioned they also make a poppyseed layer cake with a lemon cream filling and iced with whipped cream and sprinkled with toasted hazelnuts.





The Hungarians also make nice version of Linzer torte and Opera Cake, if you can find a good Hungarian bakery try some and then experiment with them yourself, some can be made with just doctoring up a yellow cake mix and simple store bought products, like the Lemon-Poppeyseed one I mentioned.Does anyone have a good Hungarian Layer Cake recipe?
I guess she meant Dobos cake.





Search for 'Dobostorta' on google for recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment