Thursday, December 24, 2009

Is it normal for a layer of bubbles to form at the top of my aquarium?

They're in the water, but it just looks weird. I don't even have an air pump or anything =/Is it normal for a layer of bubbles to form at the top of my aquarium?
if you are cycling than it's normal it's because the amonia is high but it will turn regular as soon as you finish cycling.Is it normal for a layer of bubbles to form at the top of my aquarium?
I don't think thats normal unless you have a fish that makes bubblenests. If its not bubbles from your filter (which pop fairly quick) then I would take alittle of the water out and try to scoop the bubbles out and put some fresh water in. I had something like this happen once and I have no idea why it happened but I changed some of the water and it hasn't happened since.
i have bubbles which gather around the corners or side of the tank and i think its normal. i get this allot when using co2 for my planted tank. those bubbles could be formed by co2. since you said you are cycling your tank then having a bubbles on the glass, plants or anything else is normal. this will also happen when you add new fresh water to your tank. nothing to worry about and relax and let the tank cycle for least 3-4 weeks before adding any fish in it.
Are they bubbles that form on sides of tank and


not like completely inside the water floating around.I have that happening to me a lot.


If you dechlorinated the water then you have nothing to worry about but make sure you do have an air pump it's mostly needed.
I currently have a completely empty tank (aside from filter and heater) and have bubbles too. They are from water conditioner. Nothing to worry about. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment