Sunday, December 27, 2009

How do you tile an image in photoshop? - I have a small shape I want to tile - and not hit duplicate layer 20x?

I don't want to hit duplicate layer.


I'm using photoshop cs3





Come on design heads!How do you tile an image in photoshop? - I have a small shape I want to tile - and not hit duplicate layer 20x?
Lets say you want this tiled in a pattern, five across and seven down.





Place the first tile in the upper left corner. Copy it and then duplicate it.





Place the second tile next to the first. Repeat this four more times until you have the first row laid out.





Flatten the image.





Next, copy the first level of tiles. Duplicate them six times and place them, in their own rows, below the first.





So, in total, you make four copies of the first tile, and then six copies of the first row, for a total of ten ';copy and paste'; operations.





You can even save a couple of steps by laying down the first two rows and copy and pasting both rows at the same time, to make the first four rows. Copy and paste the four rows to make the NEXT four rows.





So, you can do this with only six or eight operations instead of twenty or more.How do you tile an image in photoshop? - I have a small shape I want to tile - and not hit duplicate layer 20x?
What do you mean?





If you're using it for a background, just tile the image with css properties on your web page.



No comments:

Post a Comment