Sunday, December 27, 2009

I need to ice a 5 layer cake the wedding is sat and my thing is should i start icing tommorrow or tonite?

i know the cake needs to thaw for 3 to 4 hours and then ice it,,but if istart tonite will it taste good by sat at 1 pmI need to ice a 5 layer cake the wedding is sat and my thing is should i start icing tommorrow or tonite?
Start the frosting now. When the cake is frosted it actually seals in the moisture in the cake. If the cake is in the freezer now take it out and thaw in the refrigerator. Begin frosting as soon as you can.


I am assuming that you are using a regular butter cream frosting. (Not an Italian butter cream.) The butter cream will hold up until your event. You know that busy bakeries don't do all the cakes at the last minute.


Frost each tier and wrap and refrigerate the tier and put it together on Saturday. Make sure that you have enough icing to fill in cracks, and place around the bottom of each tier. You can put your supports and spacers in now as well.I need to ice a 5 layer cake the wedding is sat and my thing is should i start icing tommorrow or tonite?
I always ice the cakes frozen. I find it is easier if the cake is stiff. I am pretty sure that's what they do in the grocery bakeries.
i think the sooner the better you will never know when something unexpected will come up
Tonight. and in the morning just frosting it.


  • pink highlight
  • rash cream
  • caption
  • caption
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment